Thursday, April 8, 2010

Sorry!!

Ok so I have been a very very bad blogger and I'm really sorry!! To be perfectly honest, I don't even really know why I haven't posted in so long, I just kept forgetting, and then after a while ... I don't even know. So I will say it again, I'M SORRY!

As evidence of my complete lack of a life, even though I haven't posted in weeks I really don't have a whole lot to talk about! Last week went well, even though I stayed exactly the same at my Monday weigh-in I'm actually quite happy with that because of Easter and all. I made it to the gym 4 times, which I'm sure helped to combat the junk food and the big Easter dinner on Sunday. I have to say that I'm quite proud of how I did over the weekend. I did have a little too much to eat at dinner but overall I managed to stay away from (almost) all of the Easter candy! I've discovered that the key to controlling my sweet tooth is to buy one (possibly larger) piece of candy/chocolate instead of buying a bag/package of smaller pieces. I am completely fine with the bag as long as it stays closed. I can literally keep a bag of candy in my room for weeks without touching it. Here's the downfall - once that bag is OPEN, I have absolutely NO control over myself. No matter where I am in the house, that open bag just calls to me, and by the end of the day it's completely gone. Therefore, I have decided that if I really really have to have something I'm going to go for the single serving instead of the package. The way I see it, spending 5 pts on a chocolate bar or candy and having it be gone is better than spending 10 pts on a whole package, 2 pts at a time over the course of the day. So that is my little revelation for the week.

THIS week, however, has been a completely different story. I don't know WHAT it is, but I can't seem to stop putting (edible) things in my mouth!! My self control seems to be taking a vacation this week! It's weird because usually I know what triggers this kind of a week - emotions, stress, "women" issues, etc., but this week has been a relatively good one in terms of those things. I've had a good week, busy, but good - not a lot of stress, but I just can't seem to stop eating!! Even when I'm not hungry all I want to do is eat! Take tonight for example - I had a good dinner, very filling and even had a little treat after dinner but by 8pm all I could think of was FOOD! I wasn't the slightest bit hungry and I knew it, but by 8:45 I gave in and had some cheese and crackers. On the plus side, I could have chosen a less healthy snack, but on the negative side, it was still extra calories I didn't need to eat, especially since I wasn't hungry to begin with.

Oh yeah, I also haven't gotten to the gym at ALL this week. Between work and evening commitments I just haven't gotten there. I plan to go at least once on the weekend (hopefully twice) but unfortunately I don't think it will be enough for me to be happy with my Monday weigh in. I'm getting a little frustrated again because I was doing pretty well with my weight but the last few weeks I seem to be back in that pattern of up/down/up/down, which means I really haven't lost anything in the last month or so.

I'm going to try and get back into my routine of tracking and going to the gym because I have a very busy spring/summer coming up and I know that if I'm not back into my routine by then, I will find it really difficult and the excuses will be plentiful. So that's the plan I guess - just keep at it.

On another note, I came across this article today for an at home workout that looked kind of interesting. It doesn't take a lot of fancy equipment - which is perfect for me since I don't live alone and therefore don't really want to have to haul a bunch of stuff into the common area to work out - I can do this in my room. I printed it out for myself at work, now I just have to make myself try it. Anyway, thought I would share it!

"The Ultimate At-Home Boot Camp"

No comments:

Post a Comment