Monday, January 25, 2010

Disappointment

Sorry for the delay in posting - to be honest I think I was avoiding the inevitable. I had a disappointing weigh-in - I managed to gain 2lbs this week. It's not that I'm disappointed in the weight gain, because to be honest, I thought it would be more - I'm disappointed in myself. I had an absolutely horrible and off track week and I deserved ever ounce of that weight gain - and am really disappointed in myself for letting it happen. Pretty much failed all of my goals - even the one about tracking seemed to go out the window this week. I also didn't bother to take my own advice. When my week started to turn sour instead of treating the next day like a new one, I just continued on down the wrong track. So here I sit, with yet another set back and I am trying to find the resolve to keep going. In that spirit, I am NOT going to make any personal goals for this week specifically (although I am going to work on the same ones from last week again). Instead, my "goal" is to treat each day as a fresh start - no matter how yesterday went, I am going to go into each day believing I can stay on track. Hopefully this will help to get going again. I suppose I had an ok start to my week today, I had a hamburger and fries for lunch (not the best choice I'll admit, but man was it gooooood!) BUT I went to the gym after work and when I went to Subway for dinner I managed to say NO to the cookies!!! A small victory I know but you have to focus on the small things because sometimes if you look at the big picture, you can get discouraged.

I came across another interesting article today to share with you - "52 Ways to Lose a Pound a Week". Now this isn't really a list of things that you can check off one by one because not all of them apply to everyone, but there are some really good ideas about eating and exercise that are pretty easy to incorporate into your routine - I'm sure there will be a few things that will seem relevant to you.

I was going to talk about something else tonight but it has totally escaped me right now - if I think of it I'll add it later.

Sorry for the lousy post today - I'm kinda tired so I know I'm probably not making a whole lot of sense.

1 comment:

  1. I saw your blog on the wanted: blogs to follow listing and I just wanted to encourage you on this journey! It can be such a battle! While I struggle from the other end of the eating realm, it all boils down to the same issue: food! Anyways, stay strong and motivated. You can do this :) You can check out my blog too if you'd like...if not, no worries! Just wanted to encourage you! http://xhopeful.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete