Tuesday, January 12, 2010

One Step Forward, Two Steps Back ...

Well, I guess in this particular case it would be two steps forward, one step back - story of my life really. As I mentioned in my last post, I have started "tracking" again and the first week went really well. Last week, even though I managed to track every day (which is definitely an accomplishment!), I ate way more food than I should have (or needed), and did not exercise, and low and behold, at last night's weigh in I was up almost a pound and a half! Bad news: that SUCKS! - good news: if you look at both weeks together I am still down in weight, which is definitely good.

Speaking of the gym and my lack of physical activity - let me just say that my back was not at ALL happy with me going to the gym again. I woke up yesterday morning with the worst backache! I guess it's my own fault for being so lazy over the holidays!

Anyway, goals for this week:

1) keep tracking
2) attempt to stay within my points target
3) get to the gym at least 3 times (FYI, I have my gym bag with me at work today so one of those three times should be taking place tonight!)
4) avoid Subway cookies!!!
5) try and increase my water consumption (which I'm sure my bladder will not be happy with)

Stay tuned for the results!!

1 comment:

  1. Man, those subway cookies are great. I am on my own journey as well and gained like 10 lbs back over the holiday after losing 40 lbs. It can come back quick. It seems like the road is long but maybe not so much when you are on the right track.

    ReplyDelete