Sunday, January 10, 2010

Random

So I forgot to mention yesterday that over the holidays I made it to the gym about as often as I managed to post on here (i.e. not at all). No good excuse really, just didn't want to get my lazy butt off the couch to go. In an attempt to get back into the habit I vowed to make it to the gym today (I SHOULD have gone yesterday too but again, my ass seemed to be super glued to the couch).

As much as I soooo did not want to go out into the frigid winter afternoon, I got my stuff all together and made my way down to the gym. After my warm up I started in with my weight circuit. Interesting note: regardless of how out of shape you are (and trust me, I am VERY out of shape), when you are in the habit of going to the gym a few times a week and then don't go for an extended period of time, it's amazing how your body rebels when you try and get back into it. I am not the type of person who likes to draw attention to myself (side effect of being a fat girl my whole life I'm sure). I don't like to do/say/wear things that will draw excess attention to me. Two things guaranteed to draw attention to someone: puking in the middle of the gym and/or fainting during a workout. There I was, in the middle of my weight routine when I found myself at serious risk of committing both attention drawing behaviours. In an attempt to avoid doing either of these things I slowly made my way back to the locker room where I stayed until I no longer felt the urge to puke turkey sub all over the gym floor (yes I went to Subway before the gym, and yes I gave in and got the cookies).

After I was sure that I had my stomach and it's contents under control I made my way back into the gym to try some cardio. Hopefully my next gym excursion is a little less eventful and a little more effective.

Strange thought of the week: Speaking of Subway, for all of those Subway addicts such as myself out there - Have you ever noticed that when you eat in the restaurant, when you leave, everything you had with you (clothes, hair, bag, etc.) smell like Subway? Not that this is necessarily a bad thing, it's just strange to open your gym locker after a workout and get a big whiff of bread and cheese. Anyway, just a random thought that popped into my head!

No comments:

Post a Comment