Saturday, December 5, 2009

Beginnings...

So, what is this blog about you may be asking yourself? Well here's the deal. I'm fat. I haven't always been fat. In fact, as a child I would say I was pretty average. However, I love food. My love of food has resulted in my gradual slide into fathood. Here I sit, 25 years old, and have never been at any weight (consistently) since ever. For as long as I can remember the needle on the scale has slowly been going up until I reached the point where I decided enough was enough (coincidentally, that point was exactly 216lbs).

I'm not one of those people who complains about their weight and says "I just don't understand it! I eat fine!". I know what my problems are - portion control, eating for emotional reasons (usually boredom) and my absolute LOVE of food. Don't get me wrong, I love my fruits and veggies, and I've even garnered a tolerance for whole wheat pastas - however put any of those things next to a big plate of french fries? Those veggies don't stand a chance. So, what led me to become a first time blogger? About a year and a half ago I sucked it up and decided to actually DO something to change my bad habits, so off to Weight Watchers I went! I am not the kind of person who will sit here and tell you how to live your life - you need to do what works best for you and your life. For me, Weight Watchers was a perfect fit. I could eat whatever I wanted and didn't have to give up anything! And IT WORKED! As of my last weigh-in I am down to 188lbs.

Here's the catch, I have been hovering around this 188lb mark for months now and I'm starting to get frustrated. Thus, my foray into Internet blabbing begins. Why start a blog? Basically, I wanted to jump start my weight loss and thought that this might be helpful. So I turn to you dear readers (or should I say future readers) - I will post my ups and downs (weight wise and life wise) and look to you for tips, comments, encouragements, kicks in the ass - whatever you feel like sharing with me - to help me with my battle. So day one begins! I guess I'll have to see how this whole blog thing goes. Seeing as I've never done it before I might be kidding myself that anyone will actually BOTHER to read this but it's worth a shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment