Monday, December 14, 2009

How did this happen?

Well, I have no clue how it happened, but despite the lack of gym attendance and the abundance of cookies that filled my week I managed to lose 0.6lbs this week!! Now I know that may not SOUND like a lot, but trust me, it is (especially considering the amount of food I consumed over the course of the week!). What does this mean exactly? I'm not sure. It could be a fluke, it could be my metabolism gearing up for some reason, I don't know, but it is definitely encouraging! Now if I can stick to my goal of no cookies this week and maybe try and add in a few extra workouts next week may be just as bright!

On the other side of the coin, I am getting a cold. This could spell disaster for my well thought out plan outlined above. You see, I am an emotional eater - that is by far my most challenging issue. Me + sick = very very CRANKY person. I am angry that I'm sick, I feel like crap and don't want to do ANYTHING - including attempt to cook - which means I turn to packaged foods and crap that I can stick in the microwave and be eating in under 5 minutes. Not exactly the most healthy way to eat. Another thing that happens when I'm sick? That tiny bit of will power that I manage to muster up the rest of the time seems to fly out of my nose with the first ominous sneeze. What that means for me is that I see yummy food, I grab yummy food, I stick yummy food in mouth without a second thought. After all, I'm SICK! Therefore, I DESERVE that cookie/chocolate bar/pizza/taco/insert high fat food here.

So, my plan? To try and stick to my original plan despite the cold, attempt to drink as much water as possible to try and flush out the cold, and sleep - lots and lots of sleep. We'll see how it goes ...

No comments:

Post a Comment